Donate to our project!

You can support our work on the Stewart Park Carousel by donating at the Friends of Stewart Park website

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Meet Jungle Jane

It has been a blast painting the horses at Sarah's Patisserie.  People walk by and wave all the time, stop in and chat with us too, and then there are these cases of pastries which have wreaked havoc on my resolve to keep to a gluten-and-sugar-free diet.

I wanted to share some photos with you all about my last horse.  While I kind of want to call all of these horses "Trixie" for some reason (I think it's the look in their eyes), this one is definitely more of a Jungle Jane.  Both Julia and I have been talking a lot about trying to mix good horse-y brown colors, and I think this is pretty close.  And then I kind of went a little nuts mixing animal prints.  She has a leopard saddle blanket and a zebra saddle, ready for the safari or to prance around at the circus!  You can see Julia's white horse here too, who is very colorful and happy.
 I mean, look at the look on her face, doesn't she look like a Trixie?
 That's my Theobroma cacao mural in the background.  And loads of amazing truffles on the counter.
We have some good news on the fundraising front: we are almost 1/3 of the way to our goal!  Please keep those donations coming if you feel led to do so, it's easy on the Friends of Stewart Park website.  Every little bit helps.  We will continue painting at Sarah's this week, please stop in and say hello.

-Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment