Donate to our project!

You can support our work on the Stewart Park Carousel by donating at the Friends of Stewart Park website

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

November's horses - catching up

During the month of November, I was able to paint in the Downtown Visitors' Center on the Ithaca Commons.  The space is shared with the Community Arts Partnership, and I'm very grateful to both the Visitors' Bureau and CAP for allowing our project to use the space.

The wonderful maintenance staff brought two horses to the Commons at the beginning of January, and I set up camp with a dropcloth and all the paints.  You can see the brushes have seen a lot of use.  Some of the most recent cash donations will definitely go to a new set of brushes, as these paints are pretty harsh on the bristles.

Here they are before painting.  I will make an entry for each of these ladies in the next few days, so you can see their new look.

The holiday season is exceptionally busy in the rest of my business (I make notecards and other paper products from my artwork, and have many fairs and markets and orders, and this year I also have a solo show happening too, and a series of freelance clients), and so the horse-painting has slowed a little while I survive the season and Julia gets through finals.  We are anticipating painting again in the lobby of the Tompkins Trust Company later in December and January, while Julia is back home from school.  Meanwhile, there will be a little break until the big holidays are behind us!

Speaking of the holidays, the T-shirts are currently for sale at the Cat's Pajamas, in the Dewitt Mall in downtown Ithaca!  These are a great gift, and all the proceeds go to our project.

-Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment