Donate to our project!

You can support our work on the Stewart Park Carousel by donating at the Friends of Stewart Park website

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Robin Hood

As I said in the last post, I've been painting a lot this month as time allows, and as the deadline to putting the carousel back up is approaching.  In contrast to the winter horse, here's a nice summery steed.  I was inspired by the story of Robin Hood, and of childhood dreams of camping and roaming the leafy woods.  She has acorns on her bridle, and arrows shooting ahead.

First, here is a photo of the original paint.  I'm trying to take these as I go, to preserve some record of Annie's work.
Oh, the look on their faces!  It's really hard to get photos of these horses from the inner ring, they tend to look a little panicked.


Thanks to Kayla at the History Center for looking up photos of pinto horses for me, and pointing out that they often have black streaks in their manes.

-Christi

No comments:

Post a Comment